Sometimes even terror and death.
The taxpaying citizens of this country (the shrinking pool of us that still do pay taxes), sponsored the Tsarnev family. We made it possible for them to immigrate to and stay in the USA. How did they repay us? With hatred, violence and murder.
We got what we deserved.
Our incredibly porous borders permit a flood of illegal immigrants who are inexplicably granted costly benefits. Many of them lead a life of costly crime. Meanwhile, many legal immigrants, like the Tsarnev family, end up on the government dole.
It is insanity — and national suicide — to handle immigration the way we do. We are paying foreigners to destroy America.
What is a sensible immigration policy? Here are some key components:
- Secure our borders. The tangible and intangible benefits of stopping the flow of illegal immigrants and drugs into our country from Mexico would more than make up for the cost of a border fence.
- No amnesty. The Democrats throw the word "fair" around, but haven't a clue what fairness really is. Amnesty is anything but fair. Amnesty is unfair to legal immigrants who navigated the costly immigration system. Amnesty is unfair to foreigners who aren't in the USA because they are obeying our immigration laws. Amnesty is unfair to taxpayers who will bear the even higher financial burden of granting citizenship to millions of dependents.
- Enforce existing immigration laws, and stop the absolute idiocy of suing states that attempt to enforce immigration laws. Laws are meant to be enforced, not broken.
- Require immigrants to be self sufficient from day one. If they can't afford to live in America without government assistance, deport them. They may have to scrape to get by, and do without cable television, Coca-Cola and designer clothes, but making it without handouts is part of the real American Dream.
- Require immigrants to pledge allegiance to the USA and to swear an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. Deport them if they violate these standards. I don't give a crap if they believe that their religion or culture should preclude them. They don't like our Constitutional Republic? They can go back to their inferior form of government. They don't like our flag? They can parade their flag around their homeland.
- Stop catering to non-English speakers. We aren't doing them any favors, and we are creating unnecessary taxpayer expense and fragmenting what should be a melting pot. They don't speak English? Then they must learn, or hire a private interpreter. I spent a couple years abroad, and was forced to learn the language to get by. There were no signs in English. No paperwork in English.
- Establish as the driving principle of immigration law and reforms the idea that immigration should improve America's economy and society.